Insurance & Payment Information
This service is only available for patients in the United States.
Signal Genetics Patient Billing is a free service that works with you, your physician and your insurance carrier to determine coverage availability for the Previstage GCC Colorectal Cancer Staging Test. Investigating insurance coverage can be a complicated process, and a Signal Genetics Patient Billing representative is available to assist you through this process.
The following services are available to you through Signal Genetics Patient Billing:
- Insurance Verification: Once your physician submits the request for the Previstage GCC Colorectal Cancer Staging Test, Signal Genetics Patient Billing will contact your insurance carrier to confirm your eligibility.
- Claims Processing: Once your Previstage GCC Colorectal Cancer Staging Test result has been sent to your physician, we will submit a claim for payment of the test to your insurance company. We will continue to follow-up with your insurance until there is resolution on your claim.
- Appeals: If your insurance company indicates that they will not pay for the test or will only pay for a portion of the test, we will assist you with appealing this decision.
- Financial Assistance: If all appeal attempts have been exhausted and we were unsuccessful, we will work with you to discuss options for financial assistance or to set-up a payment plan.
- Uninsured Patient Assistance: If you do not have insurance, you may be eligible for the Uninsured Patient Assistance Program. We will work with you and your physician to discuss this option for accessing the Previstage GCC Colorectal Cancer Staging Test.
Signal Genetics Patient Billing will continue to assist you through the entire process for gaining coverage for the Previstage GCC Colorectal Cancer Staging Test. Below are several key terms for your reference:
Claim: A claim is essentially a bill for healthcare services that is submitted by your healthcare provider to your insurance company.
Explanation of Benefits: The Explanation of Benefits, sometimes referred to as the EOB, is correspondence sent to you by an insurance company that details the health services you received and the amount they are paying for each service. If you receive an EOB that includes the Previstage GCC Colorectal Cancer Staging Test, please contact Signal Genetics Patient Billing at (888) 492-3960 to review.
In-network: Your insurance contracts with certain healthcare providers who agree to provide services at a specific dollar amount. If the provider that delivers healthcare services to you is in-network with the plan, your share of cost for the service is lower than if the provider is out-of-network.
Denial Letter: A denial letter is a notification from insurance that they will not pay for billed services. Typically, the denial letter includes the specific reason the insurance will not pay for the service, what your options are for appealing the decision, and the timeframe for appealing the decision. If you receive a denial letter from insurance, contact Signal Genetics Patient Billing at (888) 492-3960 for assistance in appealing the decision.
Signal Genetics Patient Billing representatives are committed to assisting you through the entire reimbursement process. We are conveniently available for you to contact between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, to discuss any questions you may have related to your insurance or coverage for the test. To get further information, call Signal Genetics' Customer Care at (877) 701-9007.